Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Owensboro and Shout out to Tiger Woods

Good morning world - live from Owensboro, KY, it's 6:30 a.m. CST. I'm typing this from a small cubby hole in a Hampton Inn before grabbing some breakfast. It's raining hard here, and my umbrella is safe and dry in my office in Louisville, KY, some 100 mile away.

Props to Tiger Woods for winning Masters number 4. He needs 2 more to catch Jack Nicklaus - I think he'll be slipping on 7 or 8 green jackets before he hangs it up. Four Masters titles before age 30 - incredible. How long do you think it's going to take Nike before they make a commercial using the footage of Tiger making that birdie chip on the 16th hole? You know what I'm talking about. The Nike golf ball (with the Nike SWOOSH prominently displayed) just hung over the hole. I got up, made a sandwich, cut the grass, came back into the living room, and then the ball fell in the hole.

Shades of Danny Noonan at the end of one of my favorite films, Caddyshack. Did anyone notice Carl Spangler in the background setting off explosives trying to kill all the gophers on the golf course?

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger ... said...

I love caddyshack..but I didn't see any gofers at the Masters....darn.

I agree with the Nike spot as well, as we were watching it, the man and I said that they will definitely be using that one in a commercial soon. How perfectly lined up was that? Not even upside down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home