Thursday, August 18, 2005

Miscellaneous Sports Observations

It's summer - the weather has been nice, so I haven't written much lately. There is life outside of the computer.

Somebody tell Terrell Owens to shut the *$#&% up and just play football. What a prima donna.

Same goes for Raphael Palmero. What a joker. He didn't INTENTIONALLY take steriods. I guess the 'roids just accidentally "jumped" into his blood stream. I hate it when that happens. What a phony.

I am interested to see what goes on the next time the writers vote for the baseball Hall of Fame. This steroid scandal makes the numbers that Jim Rice and Dale Murphy put up in the 80's look so much better. I bet both those guys get a whole lot more votes the next time they vote in January.

Anybody else ready for some football????? My Bengals are going to go 10-6 and sneak into a playoff spot this year for the first time since 1991. Carson Palmer is the real deal, and he has 3 good receivers to play catch with. Here's the early Super Bowl pick - I like the Colts to break through this year, and I really, really like Carolina in the NFC. The Panthers will have a bounce back year in '05. Colts will win the Super Bowl.

And I like USC to win their third straight National Title. Texas A&M looks like they are going to be tough in the Big 12. Louisville goes 9-2 in their first year in the Big East. They lose at Morgantown (I hate writing that 3 Kick Dad), and they will lose one other conference game that they should win. Oh, and the Cards thump little brother in Lexington on Labor Day Weekend, 48-17.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger ... said...

I am a bit disenchanted with professional sports right now. Watching the Little League World Series this week just reinforces what I have always believed.

It should be about the game and the team, not the egos and the money. Too bad most of our professional sports "stars" have forgotten that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home