Friday, July 15, 2005

Disney - Part 2

Still here in Orlando. Just got back from the airport from dropping off Mrs. Charlie Lee and the little one for their trip home. I'm here till Sunday for the remainder of the Bankruptcy Conference. Mrs. Charlie Lee was looking forward to going home - the only vegetable that we have seen since we've been at the hotel is tomatoes. Abby did great, except for the part where she's supposed to sit still while we eat. Thank God for room service.

Central Florida is freaking hot and humid. Enough said.

It rains every day at about 4:30 p.m. for about 15 minutes, at which point the outdoors becomes a sauna. Nice. Central Florida in the middle of July - who'd a thunk it????

Ritz crackers has a new snack called Ritz Chips - they rock.

I want to give a shout out to our waiter, Tony, from New York at Sunset Sam's here at the Gaylord Palms Hotel. He suggested a Rum Punch that Mrs. Charlie Lee found quite tasty, especially after the second one. Keep fighting the fight, Tony. The proletariat will overcome. Trotsky rules.

Tonight I'm on my own with Mike, Wendy, Kathy and maybe the bossman and his lady. Good thing they have their attorney with them at all times.

The Gaylord Palms is pretty nice. It's pricey, about $200 per night. There are a couple of restaurants here. There are 2 pools - 1 for all ages, and the other is 18 and older. There is a huge atrium in the middle, with walking paths, and live alligators. They feed the gators on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. I've missed it so far. I'm taking my video camera down there on Saturday night to get some film of the feeding frenzy. Sorry animal lovers.

Our room is on one of the walls facing the atrium, and it has a balcony, which you can walk out on and sit. It's nice, but it is really, really loud until about 11:30 each night. Fortunately, Abby was really, really, really tired every night by 9:00, so sleeping has not been a problem.

I give the hotel 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. The price is high, but it's vacation, dammit, so I don't care.

Blogging on vacation is cool. Peace.

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Tom.... said...

Chuck...went to D world two years with the family...I must have been nuts, at 54, to do the water slide...damn near killed me when my butt left the slide and I caught air...it took two $5 beers and an hour laying in the wave pool to bring me back to normal...hope your trip was uneventful.......
tom (tomsboomertimes)

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chuck must be lost send out the big reds legs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home