Monday, August 29, 2005

College Football Predictions

Time for me to quit being a player hater and put my local college football predictions out on the line. Hear ya go:

UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE FIGHTING CARDINALS

I've already said that Petrino's boys will go 9-2. As a fan, I'm going to be rooting for 11-0 and having the Cardinals crash the Rose Bowl, but, I also don't live on fantasy island. They'll lose in Morgantown, and they'll lose one other game along the way that they shouldn't. That should still be more than enough to get them to a respectable bowl game that doesn't involve yet another late December trip to Memphis.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS (aka LITTLE BROTHER)

Cats have absolutely no shot in 5 games - U of L, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Auburn. Of the 6 games left, they should beat Idaho State and Vandy. Of the other four games (Indiana, Carolina, Ole Miss and Miss St), those are all winnable. Those four games are also all losable. They'll split those games. Cats finish 4-7, Rich Brooks is fired before season is over (even though none of this is really his fault). If the Cats win those four games, they go 6-5, which in the SEC is good enough for a bowl game, and good enough for Rich Brooks to probably replace Ernie Fletcher as governor. As my buddy Computer Mike and I agree, UK football does not have to go 9-2 every year to be a success. 6-5 two out of every three years with and occasional 8-3 tossed in would be WONDERFUL. Why can't they do that in Lexington?

INDIANA UNIVERSITY

Do they still have a varsity football team in Bloomington? I'll predict 3-8, just because that's about what they usually finish.

U of L vs. UK (3:30 Sunday on ESPN) - Cards roll in Lexington, 41-17. No knee.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. I believe that Vandy will beat the snot out of UK! (or at least I hope Vandy can win at least one SEC game this year!)
Mark Little

 

Post a Comment

<< Home