Friday, May 27, 2005

Poker

I just finished playing a "Sit-and-Go" Poker Tournament over at
Pokerroom.com. I came in first. My "play" bankroll is up to $13,840 - it started at $1000 about 2 months ago. Too bad it's not real money. The play at fake money tables is pretty loose, almost like if you were playing in a home game where everybody comes into every pot, no matter what they have in their hand.

When these people get a "real" hand, like a good pocket pair, or A-K, they don't play it correctly. Limping into the pot with 2 10's when you are the first person to act makes Baby Jesus Cry, especially when I have 7-6 suited, and the flop comes 7-6-2. When you have 2 10's and you're the first to act, you gotta raise it up so that people with marginal hands like 7-6 don't see a cheap flop and bust your booty out of the tournament. I've read on the other poker blogs that the play at the "real" money tables is much better (as one would expect).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home